get people talkin'
If there are no JoeTalks happening in your hood and no groups getting something going already - you could be the gal or guy bringing fun, open dialogue to your nabe.
start a dialogue
Interested in inspiring a little nonpartisan dialogue in your hood?
Host a Spirited Dialogue!
Spirited Dialogue is a policy talk that brings together folks of all political or a-political leanings to talk about issues that have an impact on our lives - in a friendly, informative and - you bet! - fun way.
Here's a kit (pdf) to get you started.
Post a one time event
If you want to do a one time Spirited Dialogue, you can just
- post an event (you'll have to log in or register first, if you haven't already) and
- from your event page, you'll be able to invite and keep track of guests.
Start a series
If you're thinking of starting a series of Spirited Dialogues, we suggest you
- start a group (you'll have to log in or register first, if you haven't already), from there
- members can sign up, keep track of events and post messages to the group and
- you get to decide whether to make the group open or invite-only, and
- you'll be able to send invites to all group members as well as forward invites to nonmembers.
Don't see a JoeBooks club in your hood - or just want to start your own? It's a breeze.
- start a group page (you'll have to log in or register first, if you haven't already)
- from your group page, you can
- invite members
- post meeting times
- email group members about future meetings
- allow group members to post comments on the group page
be a Policy on the Rocks host
If there's no Policy on the Rocks happening in your city - and no group getting one started - think about taking the lead yourself.
If it looks good to you, send us an email. We'd love to help you get one started.